All courses are offered to both undergraduate and graduate students. If you have problems registering or need a prerequisite override, please send an email to Dr. Carlton or to the department administrator.
Air Quality Modeling
Course Number: 11:670:453
Prerequisites: 01:160:162; 01:640:251
- To provide students with an understanding of the principles and governing equations regarding chemical transformation and transport of atmospheric trace gases and particles.
- To provide an examination of contemporary numerical/computational techniques for atmospheric modeling
- Students will be able to design numerical schemes with useful properties, and understand the schemes they encounter in current atmospheric models
Course Number: 16:375:540
- To provide students with a command of the concepts essential to understanding the sources of atmospheric trace gases and particles and their chemical transformation.
- To provide an overview of current topics in atmospheric chemistry research.